WORKSHOP – PATIENT-BASED EVIDENCE: FROM INSIGHTS TO EVIDENCE
Workshop for patient groups held in two-parts over two days: 4 March and 7 August 2020
- How you can collect and report useful data (inhouse) for Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) submissions
- How you can work with patient-based evidence experts to produce robust evidence for PBAC
This two-part interactive workshop is provided by the Patient Voice Initiative in collaboration with the Consumer Evidence and Engagement Unit, Office of Health Technology.
Part 1: Collecting and reporting data for PBAC/MSAC input
9.30am -4.30pm Wednesday 4 March 2020, Sydney
Interactive sessions shaped by your needs, including:
• Data that can make a difference – Prof Andrew Wilson, PBAC Chair
• Spinal Muscular Atrophy’s experience – Julie Cini , SMA CEO
• Identifying the data you need – Dr Sally Wortley, Consumer Evidence and Engagement Unit, Office of Health Technology Assessment, Dept of Health
• Ethical considerations – Dr Anna Scott, Bond University
• Recruitment, Asking good questions; Approaches: surveys, interviews, discussion groups; Preparing reports – Panel of experts
Part 2: Expert-led overview of key methods
9.30am -4.30pm Wednesday 7 August 2020, Sydney
Interactive sessions shaped by your needs, including
• Data that can make a difference – Jo Watson, PBAC Deputy Chair and Consumer Rep
• Patient preferences – Dr Simon Fifer, CaPPRe
• Australian patient group examples
• Patient-Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs)
• Qualitative methods
• Lunch with researchers to discuss ideas
• Grant writing skills
Register once for both sessions. Spaces are limited.
The workshop is being tailored to address the needs of those who register and the registration list (only name and organisation) will be shared with presenters to aid their preparation.
We are pleased to provide this training free to support the patient voice in healthcare decision-making and grateful to our sponsors.
• Bristol-Myers Squibb
• Astra Zeneca
• Medicines Australia
• Rare Cancers Australia
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org